I was weeping last night with memories of people I have shared His love with, that have spent years in darkness because of the words or actions of "Christians"! My heart breaks for what breaks His! He wishes to see all of His children to come to Him and none to perish, but that won't happen if we can't manifest Him truthfully!
Last November my friend, Caitlin, and I visited Venice Beach. While there, we met a man dressed in a very small speedo selling goat horn drink holders. Most Christians reaction....steer clear! Our reaction....friend! After walking and talking with this man for a while we find out that the reason he rejects Christ is because a pastor's daughter hit him with her car, and left him in a river to die! Man, if that doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about God, I don't know what would! Now he has walked around 17+ years believing that is Christianity! Not to mention all the "bible thumpers" that come to Venice Beach "in the name of God" preaching condemnation, telling them what horrible hell-bound sinners they are! After about twenty minutes of us talking with, and loving on this man, his heart began to soften! He felt the desire to clothe himself, tone down his lewdness, and watch his language! Twenty minutes in the love of Christ was enough to change his way of thinking! It wasn't Caitlin and I that changed his heart! It was Christ in us, the hope of glory! It wasn't from throwing scriptures at him! It wasn't from picking out all the obvious dirt in his life! It was straight up, untainted love!
Giving people value
allows them to stop seeking their worth by other means!
I, personally, spent over fifteen years seeking my value in men, drugs, alcohol, gangs, violence, vanity, etc because when I sought God at fifteen years old, He was horribly misrepresented to me by a church body! My life could have been grounded in His love from a very early age if the "Christians" I had encountered had only known who they were and who He is! I'm not saying it's their fault! Please hear me! They didn't know any better, because the "Christians" they learned from were also lost! It's a deadly chain of religiosity that ends in destruction!This is a call to action friends!Does your life reflect the God you say you serve? Do your words, actions, and body language speak the same story as the cross? If not, you could be sending the lost running in the opposite direction!
Be love friends! Run with me church!
*purusamor.com*
No comments:
Post a Comment