Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No Worries

God is so faithful! There have been so many times on this journey that things have looked grim, but God has surprised me every single time! He always knows exactly what we need, and He provides right on time! This past Friday, while we were serving with a church in Arizona, I had a young girl ask what we hand out in our "love bags". I proceeded to tell her of all the goodies we fill the bag with, and as soon as I said,"...and of course a bible!", she got this look of deep desire in her eyes. I asked her,"Have you ever read the bible before?" She told me that she has heard it read before, but never owned one of her own! She wanted one so badly! As we were discussing it, some other children overheard. None of them owned a bible, and they all wanted one! I was so surprised that all these kids, who live such meager lives, desired so strongly to own a copy of the Lord's Word! These kids ranged from about twelve years old down to about three! I was stoked! "I have bibles in my trunk, friends!" The caravan of children excitedly followed me to my car, waving their hands, "Can I have one too? Can I have one too?" As they lined up at my trunk I felt a lump grow in my throat. I thought to myself, "I don't have enough for all these kids! Oh, Jesus help me! I can't bare to disappoint these beautiful children, and deny them your Word!" I started handing them out, one by one. The kids kept coming, and so did the bibles! Finally the last boy walked up and asked for one, and I smiled, "Here you go friend, my last one!" His little sister, maybe 3 years old, stood in front of him with the saddest look on her face. The boy said, "My sister wanted her own too." My heart broke! "Please Lord, let me have one more!" I dug in between all the rubbish of the trunk. I knew the bibles weren't there, they were in the duffel bag, but....wait....I feel something! I pulled up one cute little book of John! It was so perfect for her! She stared at it, flashed a huge smile my way, and then ran toward her home!
Whether it be seemingly simple things or more complex things, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can trust God with every aspect of my life! I know full well that my Daddy God will not leave me or forsake me! He would not have called me, if He wasn't going to provide for me! He wouldn't have chosen me, if He didn't want me! And He wouldn't have brought me all the way across the country with absolutely nothing but the clothes on my back and a beat up run down car, if He didn't have amazingly huge plans for me! So as I look at our current situation that appears hopeless, my fire burns hotter! Let's do this!!!
Run with me church!
*purusamor.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment