Despite my many tentative plans for today, the Lord urged me to stay in our room and soak in His presence. Along with staying in the room comes the knocking of heads and the trying of patience. I am extremely blessed to have two of the most well behaved children, however we all get a little stir crazy locked in a small room together for the entire day. Just when I felt I was at my wits end, I began to give glory to God. Singing songs of praise and worship is the exact opposite of what I felt like doing at the time, but I knew it was exactly what I needed to do. Wouldn't you know it, the entire atmosphere of the room changed almost immediately. The kids were laughing and playing, and even at times singing along! The enemy knew that the Lord had set this day aside for the kids and I to commune with Him, and that snake was determined to put us off track. Problem for the devil is I know my Daddy, and He is worthy of my praise no matter my mood or situation. If we are willing to stop in the midst of a trial, put things into perspective, and praise God for who He is, He will fill the room with His presence, driving darkness far away! The enemy does not want to be in a room full of the Lord's praises, and will flee immediately! James 4 tells us to "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." The definition of submit is to give over or yield to the power or authority of another. When we have totally submitted ourselves to the praise and power of the Lord, the devil IS resisted, and in turn must flee. So, next time you feel yourself getting angry, frustrated, worried, anxious, depressed, weak, etc.... Get your praise on!!! Giving glory to the Lord for He is worthy, regardless of what your life looks like. Your circumstances do not dictate how much God loves you! Jesus dying on the cross to restore you was enough! There will never be anything in your life bigger than that!
Run with me church!
*purusamor.com*
No comments:
Post a Comment