Tuesday, December 4, 2012

EXPOSING RELIGION


More and more I come to realize that I am not the same person I used to be. I have completely, 100% died to self and live only to please my God. Dying to self is not a poetic phrase from the bible to mean fighting temptations and the flesh...it literally means it is no longer I that live, but His Spirit living in and through me. My only function in life is to love Him and love His children. He has given me eyes to see, ears to hear, a heart to feel, and hands to heal. By His presence I'm made whole. There is a great multitude of people who both hate and come against me now because they don't understand this joy and freedom I've been given. The "spirit of religion" is attempting to rise up against me in the words and actions of those I love most in the church, my family, and my friends. I have been accused of being fake (because no one can possibly be this joyful 24/7), practicing incantations and witchcraft (because the Spirit changes the lives of people I encounter in an instant and I preach the love of God everywhere I go), and being demonic (because the Lord heals the sick, casts out demons, and cleanses those with infirmities by my hand).I have come to the place where I walk as Jesus did everywhere I go, every moment, of every day. The result is total bliss for me in the face of horrible persecution. Every religious spirit that comes against me can be traced back to the life of Jesus and I'm completely humbled by the honor of the opportunity to endure a portion of what my Savior endured.
(ie. Romans 15:13, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Matthew 9:34, 10:8&25, 13:57, John 14:12-14)
Let's expose the "religious spirit". The enemy is the father of lies and deceit. He mimics everything good that man naturally desires from his Creator. One of the ways that he keeps man separated from God is religion. Religion is a set of rules used to control man and limit God.  The enemy has whispered lies into the ears of "God seekers" for many years to the point where the gospel has become ineffective and dead in most of the world. This is no reflection what-so-ever on the gospel, because in and of itself the gospel is alive and moving like a double edge sword cutting to the heart, dividing soul and spirit. What the enemy has done is twist and contort the Word to remove it's power in the lives of "believers". Here are some examples...
 "I'm not worthy of Jesus' sacrifice"-If you weren't worth the sacrifice then God the Father would not have sent His Son to die for you! We are all His children and He wanted us to be reconciled back to Him!
"I'm only human"-Cut it out! No, you're not! We are children of God endowed by His Holy Spirit. We have been given authority and every spiritual blessing. We are called to walk as Christ walked.
"Count the cost"-The only cost in becoming a Christian is to give up something you were never created for. We were created in the image of God. We were put on this earth to be in holy communion with Him. All you lose is the constant fight of trying to be a good Christian. Instead we get to be His children day in and day out.
"This is a struggle/battle"- The battle has already been won! If you're living in constant struggle then you have not died to self. The only struggle is against the flesh. Once the flesh is dead then you can walk in the victory of the Spirit.
"I'll be healed in God's timing"-Are you kidding me?! What kind of Father would want His children in pain and suffering until it's convenient for Him to get them medical care? God lives outside of time and He wishes for you to be healed now!!!
"God took my loved one"-This is so sad. The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and God takes the rap for it. God does not take your loved ones, He receives them!
"God's punishing me/trying to teach me a lesson"- While it is true that God will allow us to persevere through trials, He does not put them in our path. Our choices and the evil one's hatred for us is what causes the trial. Will you stand firm and face it with the peace and joy that the Holy Spirit offers? Remember the world is watching to see God's power manifested in you.
"It's a long slow process to get to God"-No it isn't. Just be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Accept that you are not a sinner, you are a son. Admit that you are completely incapable of doing anything in this life by your own strength and let Him take the reigns.
These words marked in quotations are lies from the pit of hell. GOD IS LOVE!!! Anything outside of the realm of love is outside of His character, but the enemy doesn't want God's children to get this because once they do, they can truly live in victory and power. The religious spirit is displayed in the bible through the pharisees and sadducees. A religious spirit puts doctrine, be it ever so twisted, before a relationship with God. It desires knowledge over time spent. It is regimented in how it acknowledges God by keeping Him in a box. It judges others. It likes to argue and debate matters of the bible with others. It is rampant in this world and it needs to be stopped. The only way to stop a religious spirit is with love and truth. Unfortunately, when it is faced with love and truth it gets puffed up and rejects the messenger. Fortunately, we are only called to plant seeds...it is the Lord who brings increase.
I may never see the fruit of all the seeds I plant but when I reach the other side I guarantee you that I will hear, "WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL DAUGHTER!!!" 

I leave you today with these verses for thought.  Romans 8:28-39&12:2
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment