As I walk out this thing we call Christianity, the Lord continuously shows me that every choice people make is based solely on identity. We do the things we do, say the things we say, and think the way we think out of either knowing or not knowing who we are. When a person knows deep down inside, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are a child of God... they make different choices than a person who does not know. For instance, because I know that I am a daughter of the Most High I will behave as such. I know that He is where my help comes from1, therefore people can not disappoint me. When I am faced with a difficult situation I will not turn first to man, but instead to the Lord, because I know that with Him I can do all things2. I know that His strength is made perfect in my weakness3, so I depend solely upon Him for all things. This doesn't mean that I sit around lazily waiting for things to fall in my lap, I just don't stress out about anything. Who by worrying can add a single hour to his life4? I know that He is where my peace and joy come from5, so people or circumstances can not make me anxious or depressed. The people that persecute me, the man that cuts me off in traffic, the lady screaming at me in the grocery store, my arguing children, my car that won't start, my lost keys, the stack of unpaid bills...are any of these my god? Do any of these give me my peace and joy? NO! So then how could they possibly take it away from me? The Lord gives me patience6. You can't get under my skin and make me fume with anger. Does that mean I will never feel frustrated? Of course not! I am still human, but I am not "only human"! His Spirit lives within me and shows me how to face any person or situation with love. I can love with the love that I have received7. His pure, unconditional love8. This love also means I don't need to degrade myself or become someone I'm not to gain acceptance and "love". Why would I disrespect my body, the temple in which God's Holy Spirit resides9, so that a man will think I'm sexy and desire me? Men by nature can feed their desires by looking at women they know nothing about in a magazine, the Internet, or in passing. Does that make me important if he "wants" me? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Nor will I act a certain way to be accepted. I know that I am chosen10! I am desired for who I was created to be! I am a beautiful, powerful, supernatural, holy, and righteous daughter of the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Most High God...MY DADDY!!! Now, when a situation arises that would have rattled my cage11, I am free to pray for that person with a pure and loving heart...not selfish motives. I don't pray for people to make my life easier or for my day to go better. I can pray forgiveness for them because if they knew who they were, they wouldn't be acting the way they are12. I can ask my Father to soften their heart to receive the awesome love and freedom that I have received. I can compliment them on how amazing they are despite how they are treating me. I can see their created value and love them! Now, every person I encounter is amazing to me, and I refuse to pass by without letting them know just how awesome they are! If you are reading this now and have any doubts, please let me assure you ... YOU ARE LOVED!!! God Bless!!!
1 Psalm 121:2
2 Philippians 4:13
3 2 Corinthians 12:9
4 Matthew 6:25-34
5 Romans 14:17
6 Galatians 5:22
7 1 John 4:19
8 Romans 5:8
9 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
101 Peter 2:9
112 Corinthians 5:17
12 Luke 23:34, Acts 7:60
No comments:
Post a Comment