Tuesday, October 13, 2015

You Are Promised Life

It is far too common these days to hear people say the phrase, "the only thing we're promised is death." I've been seeking God a lot on this topic lately because when I came into the kingdom, it was immediately my understanding that Jesus defeated death and the grave! I hear friends that are on fire for God, and much respected Christian evangelists preaching about being martyred. Since when does faith in the finished work of the cross not include believing that our inheritance is a promise of life and that more abundantly!? Any time I bring up this subject of never dying, people argue that it means eternal life after we physically die. I'm sorry, but my bible doesn't say that! My bible says I am justified, just as if sin in the garden NEVER happened! So if I'm living, by grace, in a place of God's perfection as they were in Eden before the fall, empowered by the Spirit of God, then why would I ever believe that I can die?! Were Adam and Eve ever going to die if they hadn't eaten from the forbidden tree? No! They weren't! I believe that this subject is based on a twist and limitation of our faith. Do we have more faith in death or in Jesus? Do some desire a martyr's death because it seems like a glorifying thing to die for the gospel? I would much prefer to LIVE a martyr's life, picking up my cross daily, laying my life down for the gospel, KNOWING I'll NEVER die, and not giving the devil the satisfaction of twisting my mind to romanticize being killed! Let's not put God in a box! We were crucified with Christ! We partook in His resurrection! He'll NEVER die again, and neither should we! Eternal life is this...that we could KNOW Him here and now, not that we should die and THEN hang out with Him!
Selah.

Run (forever) with me Church!
Www.Purusamor.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment