Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Difference Between Knowing And Believing

As many of you may know, I just birthed the newest member of our already incredibly blessed family, Judah Doron Siravo.
Pregnancy with Judah was an amazingly blessed journey! I never had any of the defining symptoms (ie. morning sickness, chronic lower back pain, horrific swelling, etc). The reason why I never had these symptoms is because I knew that Jesus paid the price for me to have a glorious pregnancy, not a fallen one. As we approached the end of the pregnancy I was encouraged to switch care providers due to our choice to have an unassisted homebirth. Wisconsin state laws say that in order to have a homebirth, you must be under the care of a midwife. She doesn't have to be present at the birth, but you must be under her care. We were blessed with the most understanding midwife, that fully supported my decision to birth unassisted, based on the fact that she could tell I was not going into it ignorantly, but that I had done a ton of research and knew what to expect every step of the way. She was very reassured by the peace that I carried in this decision. Of course I was at peace...I knew that Jesus had paid the price for a beautiful, pain free, complication free labor!
Everything began to change, however, once I went past my due date. The midwives, doctors, my friends, and family all began to speak doubt, death, and destruction over my baby's health. It was no longer supported that my baby and my body knew what to do, but rather that this has become a dangerous situation and your baby could die! *I don't think people, whether in the church or not, realize the power of life and death that's in their tongue.* As much as this constant onslaught of death spoken over my baby took a toll on my emotions, I still knew that the lives of myself and my baby were in Jesus' hands and we can't die!
Last Thursday, things got very intense. My midwife ordered me to get an ultrasound and a non-stress test due to the fact that I was 15 days past my due date. The ultrasound showed that the fluid around Judah had deceased significantly and they wanted to induce immediately. I declined the induction. I felt peace in my spirit that he would be ok. That was until I got home that night. I spent the entire night up praying and asking for guidance. I knew that the answer I was getting was that I would not be getting induced. The next morning I went to visit my husband. We prayed and worshipped together for three hours straight, and found great peace in going home to labor...and I did! I labored the entire day! Judah was very active, I was having contractions, everything was going great! At 11 pm I went to sleep and everything stopped. The next morning I started going about my day until late in the afternoon when I felt a shift in my spirit...something isn't right. I immediately went to the hospital to listen for Judah's heartbeat and get an  ultrasound. His heartbeat was strong and consistent but he was very inactive. The ultrasound showed there was now NO fluid in the womb at all. The doctors came in and told me they must do an immediate emergency cesarean section, induction was no longer an option.
This is the place where the rubber meets the road! I KNEW God gave me a vision for homebirth! I KNEW He gave me the peace and wisdom to carry it out! I KNEW He gave me more visions and prophetic words over Judah's life than I could count!  I KNEW that He is the Giver and Sustainer of life! In this moment all the wisdom, words, and knowledge did me absolutely no good! I had to dig for something deeper! I had to BELIEVE that we are in relationship! I had to BELIEVE that the enemy knew of the big plans for mine and Judah's lives, and he wanted to destroy them right now! I had to BELIEVE that what the enemy intended for destruction, God could change for good!
I consented and was immediately prepped for surgery. Within one hour I was under the knife and Judah was being removed from my wide open abdomen. I was cold, shaking, and uncomfortable...NOT at ALL what I had planned for!
Just then, I heard my baby boy cry...loud and strong! Tears flowed down my cheeks! They wiped him off and placed him on my chest, at which time he opened both eyes very wide, lifted his head, stared directly at me, and stuck his thumb in his mouth!!! None of these behaviors are typical of a moment old newborn! It was as if he was telling me that I didn't wait too long...The extra time inside made him stronger! I couldn't have been happier! I came to find out several minutes later that not only was all the fluid gone, but the placenta stopped working, and there was absolutely no blood in the umbilical cord for an extended period of time!!! My baby's life was being sustained 100% by only the presence of God!!!!!!! He was a miracle!!!!!!! The staff was baffled and amazed! He was a perfectly healthy, almost 11 pound, flawless baby boy, that should not have survived!!! He scored at the top of every test and his appearance was so perfect that nurses repeatedly said he looked more like a 2-3 month old, than a newborn!
Our time in the hospital was very painful, emotional, and tiring, but somehow God's glory was still shining! Now that we're home, drowning in worship and praise, recovery is going very quickly and we're feeling AMAZING! I could have never made it through this without KNOWING my Daddy and BELIEVING His amazing plans to prosper us...to give us hope and a future!!!
You see, having faith doesn't always mean things will be easy! Sometimes they're very very hard! As a matter of fact, the deeper you go in faith, the harder you get hit! But if we've built our home on a solid foundation, believing His Truth, we will not be moved! The ONLY way to strengthen your faith muscle is through resistance! Think about that the next time you're getting hit, and...

Run with me Church!
Www.purusamor.com

(Birth story for Judah Doron Siravo... which means praise gift for God.... Born at 8:16 p.m. on Saturday, April 18, 2015...
10 pounds, 10.9 ounces, 21 inches...
Perfect in every way)

No comments:

Post a Comment