Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Feelings vs. Truth

Just recently, with the very public way that I have been sharing our trials, I have had several different responses. One response is for people going through trial to ask me, is it okay to feel sad/mad/hurt/scared in the midst of great tribulation. The answer is absolutely yes! We have feelings because they are a part of the character of God! Just look at the life of Jesus. He experienced all of those feelings. The only difference comes in when we allow our lives to be directed by our feelings! The enemy is very capable of manipulating our emotions, and twisting them to be something far from Truth and faith. It's in these times that we must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and know the difference between "fallen, selfish, doubtful emotions", and "natural" emotions, that while they may conflict with Truth, they can be reigned in and brought into submission to Truth.
For example, just a short while ago, I was watching a beautiful home birth video on YouTube. As I watched the husband assist and support his wife, and love on their new born baby, I began crying uncontrollably. In that moment (not ten minutes later), I immediately needed to ask myself, "Why are you crying, Amber?" My response was, "I want my husband to be here with me....to experience the birth of his son, and to share these memories with me." Once I had determined the reason for my torrential tears, I had to ask myself, "Do you believe that he WILL be here with you to experience it?" My answer, "Yes! Of course he will be! God is faithful!" Nothing in the natural could lead me to come to that conclusion. Nothing at all! This is where I make the choice to believe faith over fact. The facts say that he has been sentenced to eleven months in jail for being a good dad and husband against the rules of the DOC. However, faith says that God would not have put this life inside of me, as a result of the love bond between my husband and I, if He didn't intend for us to be able to share in these moments together. Faith says that God wouldn't have shown me visions of my husband and I delivering our baby at home, and placed total peace in both of our hearts regarding this seemingly crazy decision, had He not already prepared a way to make that vision come to pass. Faith means that when the Word says man cannot separate what He has brought together, it's Truth. Faith means that when the Word says that because my earthly father, who by comparison is evil, knows how to give good gifts, and he is fighting to bring Marvin home to us, My Heavenly Father, who only gives greater gifts, will do exceedingly and abundantly more than anything I could ever ask or dream of. Faith means believing all the prophetic words that we've received over the past several weeks that align with scripture. Faith means I live by God's promises, not by sight!
With that being said, did I stop crying? Nope! I continued to cry as I praised God for His Truth, His love, and His faithfulness, and before long my tears were of overwhelming gratitude instead of fear and sadness! That my friends is how we take feelings captive to the Truth that we know is bigger!
Run with me Church!
www.purusamor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment