As my husband and I encounter increasingly abundant persecution these days, my heart burns with a yearning to see these people set free! I'm not yet to a place where I feel 100% unoffendable, nor can I say that I don't feel hurt, but knowing the difference between feeling sorry for myself, and feeling hurt for the one who is attacking me has been an increasingly valuable revelation to have! The enemy would love to twist these attacks and make it all about Marvin and I, but the truth is, love sees no bounds! Love doesn't hurt for itself, or cry out for justice, but instead cries out for forgiveness for the one that is trapped in a false identity! Love cries out,"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do!" My heart burns to see the people of my extended family set free from the torture of this world, to know a Savior who brings comfort, direction, and purpose, and to be able to distinguish between lies and truth, that the Truth would set them free! Holy Spirit promised me two years ago, when I cried out to Him in a hotel in Colorado Springs, that I would see the salvation of my loved ones! What I'm seeing today looks exactly the polar opposite of that promise, but I refuse to get discouraged! I refuse to believe that what I'm seeing is the truth, because I choose to live by faith, not sight!
So, here I sit, knowing that I've lost nearly everyone I've ever held close to my heart, but somehow the tears that flow from my eyes are not tears of loss, they are tears that cry out, "Father forgive them! Show them Your endless, matchless love! Bless them beyond their wildest imaginations! Set them free, that they may be one with You and know the comfort of a Father!"
This life is not our own, Church! We were bought at a very high price! To lose everything for the kingdom, for the freedom of the Gospel to be brought to the nations, means to find our lives! As I told my husband last night, that we are once again unable to spend time with another group of my family, I balled my eyes out! In his amazing love, he attempted to comfort my aching heart, only to realize that my only reaction is,
I didn't sign up for this gospel to conform and be a people pleaser, or to set my morals aside to make people more comfortable about being around me. I signed up to bring a sword, and eventually that sword will set them free! I signed up to lose everything!
This may not sound pleasant to those of you reading this, but it's the reality of the Gospel! I will not compromise the Truth, and I can not shut this thing down....I love far too much to let that happen! I will continue to be as He is in this world! Love knows no loss, because love NEVER fails!
Run with me Church!
Www.purusamor.com
Thursday, December 4, 2014
My Burning Heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment