Saturday, November 7, 2015

I JUST DON'T SEE IT

Go to church on Sunday.
Come home and watch tv.
The news is filled with horror.
God we really need Thee.
Getting crunk on Friday.
The bartender knows my name.
Share the love of Jesus,
As long as you can hang.
Each night it's time for porno.
I struggle like them all.
Everyone's a sinner.
Didn't you read about Paul?

This is the sound of the western world.
A people proclaiming faith.
I just don't see this in my bible.
Aren't we sick of being fake?

I like to watch action movies.
Zombies, killing, sex, and crime.
Sure I'd like to read my bible,
But I just can't find the time.
I let a cuss slip here and there.
I know I'm not a saint.
Sometimes I get so angry.
Even Jesus lost restraint.
The club is full of people
That definitely need saving.
I can't reach them if I don't drink,
Pop some pills, and do some raving.

I hear excuses all the time.
Why we can't be free.
I just don't see this in my bible.
Is it only me?

Did you hear about John and Jess?
I heard John just moved in.
No, we're not gossiping.
Just praying for their sin.
I got the new Drake album.
His beats are frickin raw.
Sure he degrades women,
But I'm not under law.

So many people claiming Christ.
Not an Acts church to be found.
I just don't see it in my bible,
The only real is underground.

Picket signs and condemnation.
Mouths have been red taped.
Yes that baby's a living person,
But so is the girl who just got raped.
Some have chosen a life of sin.
They've decided to live in doubt,
But them being cold isn't as bad,
As the luke warm that get spit out!

No I'm not a radical,
A Charismatic or Pentecostal!
I'm a CHRISTIAN! No compromise!
And my friends, THIS is the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment