Monday, February 11, 2013

I AM HOME


As I rise from the hotel bed that the Lord has blessed us with for yet another day, I realize we are officially on our own. It is only us and Jesus. The enemy tries to whisper words of fear and loneliness in my ear, but my Daddy’s voice is louder as He echoes the words of a Jake Hamilton song, ”Wake up child. This is your time to shine. You were born for such a time as this!” The enemy tries to tell me that we are homeless, but my Daddy’s voice is louder as He reminds me that His presence is my home. The enemy turns family and friends against me, but my Daddy’s voice is louder as He reminds me to plea for them, “Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!” The enemy tries to tell me that I am but a shadow of those I glean from, but my Daddy’s voice is louder as He tells me that I am the light of the world! The attacks that once were the cause of mental anxiety and confusion are now a propelling force pushing me ever closer to my God. Although the enemy tries harder to break me, he is only causing me to know my Daddy’s voice even clearer. The reason the Lord has brought us here is still unclear. I don’t know where I am supposed to go today or next week. What I do know is that all I want is Him, all I need is Him, and as long as I have Him and a love for His people, I am home!

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong and be safe, Amber. We love you.

    Auntie April

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really hit home for me Amber and you know exactly why. It is such a lovely reminder that even in our most dire circumstances, as long as we are Gods children and stay in his presence...we ARE home! thank you for such a lovely reminder that I need not worry about such trivial things as a place to rest my head. For he will provide and as long as I lay my head down with thoughts of my Lord and Savior...I am and will be at perfect peace! Thanks again! You and your family are sorely missed!

    ReplyDelete